The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Hello,everyone! This is my first post and review to my newly-constructed blog during Labor’s Day here in our country, the Philippines. You probably already read this in my Ate (sister) Lalaine’s blog, www.ficbookreviews.com but this book is simply irresistible not to post twice. And yes, the Iron Fey is one of my favorite series of all time. There’s no denying the attraction.The book deserves it. So without further ado, I now present to you…

Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined.

Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.

Goodreads

Series: The Iron Fey #1
Published February 1st 2010 by Harlequin Teen



The Iron King is a book that tackles faeries and magic. And a brooding, hot prince. And also a super loyal charming prankster. And…okay, I’ll stop there before I start including the side characters in my fangirling as well which would lead to the eradication of all adverbs/adjectives in my vocabulary. Honestly, as a twitter friend of mine once said, Iron King has tons of reviews already. What’s there left to say? But of course, it wouldn't hurt if one itsy-bitsy review like this would add up to the pile.

The Iron King opened a new, bizarre and captivating world to me. A world full of deception hidden in beauty. A magical world full of fantasy that’ll leave you breathless with the vivid clarity of Miss Julie Kagawa’s storytelling. This is one of the books that’ll stick to your mind and to your heart for a long time.I would admit, I dreamt of it a few times. Yes, I am that obsessed. It is a book that is brewed (0_o) perfectly to suit anyone’s taste of pure fantasy addiction.The plot is amazingly woven as if to say, “I will get tastier and more colorful in the next book. Remember me.” One of the strongest assets of this book (aside from the fey boys) is the setting. Nevernever is Wonderland stretched to its full potential. A thing you should do is get lost in this world, in this book.Because, seriously, it’s freaking worth it. This book was probably one of the best I had ever read. Meghan's POV. Everything in the book is perfectly described in detail and it is guaranteed to blow you away to a world where faeries abound every secret places, where "Thank you" is consideredputting yourself in their debt and favors must always be repaid. The author wrote the book magically, letting you feel the character's emotions and you can almost visualize what they feel, see, smell, taste and hear.

The characters are unbelievably appealing. Strip away all the glamour and voila! There you have a very enviable heroine surrounded by two of the most delectable boys in YA history. Pardon me if I focus more to the guys, my only sin almost everyday is being a fangirl. Ash and Puck are two males that are undeniably equal for me. Equal I say? It’s because even after one year (being given the opportunity to review now) of obsessing the simple question “WHO WOULD YOU CHOOSE?” I still haven’t got a direct answer from my inner subconscious. Even though I admit I fangirl over Ash more than Puck but it’s because I’m such a go-with-the-flow person. I mean, I so totally think the two of them are both HOT. In their own unique and smexy ways. And my oh-so-witty-and-sarcastic Grim’s dialogues always make me laugh so hard (the biggest understatement of the year) If all cats would be like Grim, this world will be EPIC. The ending will leave you craving, rolling on the floor,scratching the days on the calendar, itching every hour, for more.

Overall, The Iron King makes other books pale in comparison (well, a few escaped but whatever…) It is romance and adventure at its finest. I am confident to tell you that if you still haven’t read this, YOU’RE MISSING, I don’t know, half of your life? LOL.

“Oh, we're playing nice now? Shall we have tea first? Brew up a nice pot of kiss-my-ass?”
“Touch her, and I'll freeze your testicles off and put them in a
jar. Understand?”


*Pretty right? But even if doesn’t describe a damsel stressing, it is my Ate Lalaine’s creation so I’m using it to acknowledge the woman who started this all. Thank you, lady. I told you, your convincing powers are amazing. I will not disappoint you.*

2 comments:

Lalaine said... Best Blogger Tips

eep If I havent told you how wonderful this review was then well ITS FREAKING WONDERFUL. Im so glad I convinced you to blog, because you will be soooo sooo great! I love you and Welcome to the blogging community! Hurray!!! *punches fist in the air*
Loving the blog and cant wait for more! x
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷFICBOOKREVIEWSƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

Ash said... Best Blogger Tips

I loved learning about Ash in this book (though it was a little odd at first reading about a hero with my name :P Oh, well, he's hot). And Puck was just too amazing. I loved the funny banter that passed between the two of them and I love, absolutely love, the part where Meghan is being chased through the trees and Ash gets all protective ^-^ Oh, Ash . . . <3

Post a Comment

Hi there, my pretty damsel. I love to read your comments. Feel free to write one and I'm sure a knight is on his way to you *winks*


up