The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

WARNING. Close to major spoilers ahead. On paragraph 2. Back off if you don't want to know. 
I know that this review won’t give justice to the awesomeness of the book but this is what I always feel when I read the Iron Knight. So when my father brought it from the bookstore, I was…
*My victory dance
The Iron Knight (Iron Fey, #4)


My name—my True Name—is Ashallayn’ darkmyr Tallyn. I am the last remaining son of Mab, Queen of the Unseelie Court. And I am dead to her. My fall began, as many stories do, with a girl…
To cold faery prince Ash, love was a weakness for mortals and fools. His own love had died a horrible death, killing any gentler feelings the Winter prince might have had. Or so he thought.
Then Meghan Chase—a half human, half fey slip of a girl—smashed through his barricades, binding him to her irrevocably with his oath to be her knight. And when all of Faery nearly fell to the Iron fey, she severed their bond to save his life. Meghan is now the Iron Queen, ruler of a realm where no Winter or Summer fey can survive.With the unwelcome company of his archrival, Summer Court prankster Puck, and the infuriating cait sith Grimalkin, Ash begins a journey he is bound to see through to its end—a quest to find a way to honor his vow to stand by Meghan's side.To survive in the Iron Realm, Ash must have a soul and a mortal body. But the tests he must face to earn these things are impossible. And along the way Ash learns something that changes everything. A truth that challenges his darkest beliefs and shows him that, sometimes, it takes more than courage to make the ultimate sacrifice.
Goodreads
Series: The Iron Fey #4
Published October 26th 2011 by Harlequin TEEN

The Iron Knight is the OVERWHELMING, SPECTACULAR, EPIC TO THE nth DEGREE conclusion to the Iron Fey series. It is the book that is beyond the boundaries of my words. It totally blew me away mind, (sexy) body, and soul. I am not exaggerating (well maybe a little : )) This was bound to happen one or another. The progression of the author’s epicness is too much for my poor brain to bear.

Ash’s POV thus the title. Two characters were introduced again, this time with more depth and background. Fine! I just can’t review something without spoiling it, can I?  Ariella Tularyn, Ash’s past  love (or not) became their companion to the End of the World where he can gain a soul to be with Meghan in the Iron Realm. To be a mortal. Imagine that, from an immortal to a human, it’s amazing what love can do, I can attest to that. To y’all who had insta-hate on Ariella, that is very ungrateful : P Hell, I miss Meghan. And Big Bad Wolf is awesome. Hands down.

Moving on, describing the settings of the Iron Knight is an extremely arduous task. Simply put it this way, I was shell-shocked upon entering this deepest part of the Nevernever, thrown into this place without any preparations at all. Stupid me for not reading the guide at the back of the book. And by Jove! Only a few things shock me these days.

The urgency to read the book is unstoppable. Truth be told, I didn’t eat lunch and dinner just to finish reading. I viciously devoured it. Because it was magical and believable at the same time. Julie Kagawa’s writing style and world building is making me wonder whether she is an exiled author faery in disguise. *smirks*

The plot of the story is focused upon the different undertakings Ash had to make to earn a soul. A journey that unearthed his past, opened to the readers for the sole reason (I think) of convincing us that his sacrifices and sufferings is very well-deserved. And no, that did not deter me from fangirling still. Once a fangirl, always a fangirl.

The action, the drama, the comedy (PUCK I HEART YOU.SMOOCH,SMOOCH) and the romance is swirled in a harmonious mixture of words to form a remarkable jewel of a book. That is the Iron Knight, the surprisingly satisfying ending to the series that skyrocketed me to a horizon of imagination I embraced with my whole being. I would not forget this for a long, long time.

P.S So can I name my firstborn Ash or what? *giggles*

P.S.S I spent four freaking days mulling over this review. Don’t judge me. It’s not my fault the book is past the comprehension of my ability to review (ç==her lame excuse)

“There is nothing more terrible than a spurned faery queen, particularly if you defy her a second time. I escaped the Winter Court with my life intact, but just barely, and I won't be returning anytime soon. My loyalty - and my heart - belongs to another queen now.” 
“You realize you've been duped by a fish," I said, watching the catfish grin at me before slipping into the dark waters, lost from view. Puck shrugged."Hey, it was going to name one of its grandfish after me," he said, tossing the line into the water again. "That's one of my rules, you know. I refuse to eat anything that names its kid after me.”

4 comments:

Ruby97 said... Best Blogger Tips

I LOVED THIS BOOK. I bought the Iron King just because i thought it looked interesting, and i had nothing to read. That one book CHANGED MY FREAKIN LIFE. I searched EVERYWHERE for The Iron Queen when i got up to the 3rd book but could not find it anywhere. When i finally found it i bought The Iron Knight at the same time, fearing that i wouldn't be able to find it later :) This is one of the best series EVER! and the end of The Iron Knight? *DIES* Sooooo can't wait for The Lost Prince (:D:D)

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips

@Ruby97 Ditto! : )

Ash said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh Puck . . . Oh Ash <3 I was bawling during this story. I thought it was over when . . . when . . . well you know what I'm talking about :P BUT IT WASN'T! THANK THE LORD, ASH DIDN'T FREAKING DIE! :D

Lalaine said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh man I cant freaking wait for the LP really! Great review bunso! Your review totally did justice so dont worry! I loved it. <3

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷFICBOOKREVIEWSƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

Post a Comment

Hi there, my pretty damsel. I love to read your comments. Feel free to write one and I'm sure a knight is on his way to you *winks*


up