The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Warning. Mild bad words and super heavy spoilers ahead. You know what to do if you can’t handle those things. : )
The Iron Queen (Iron Fey, #3)

My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.

Goodreads
Series: The Iron Fey #3
Published January 25th 2011 by Harlequin Teen

*takes deep breath*
The Iron Queen. Its title says it all. The last book in Meghan’s POV. Her love, her struggles, her decisions and her sacrifices. If you remembered in the Iron Daughter (I’ll bite your head off if you’ve forgotten: P), Ash and Meghan were banished from the Nevernever because eherm, forbidden love. And of course, Paul ‘s(her adoptive father) role in her life, his disappearance was brought to light with Puck’s involvement. Wow, I’m pretty sure that (bitch) slap must’ve hurt. The events enveloping the Iron Queen is something I can describe as “full of excitement and have no dull moments at all”.Mostly, the settings were alternate between Leanansidhe’s realm to the Iron Kingdom.

The world building is still EPIC (so what if it’s a cliché?) OVERWHELMING and MIND-BLOWINGLY AWESOME. The characters were on full battle mode. I was flipping through the pages like I was running in a marathon or something. Because that’s how the Iron Queen delighted me in a way which I lose myself in wild abandon in this world. Oh, we were speaking about characters right? So in line with that, in every scene Ash and Meghan collide (err…it’s deep but I must admit that’s how I view their relationship), I go like this… 

Just like a shameless and thirsty fangirl who hungered for more of those scenes but no matter, the drama definitely covered up the missing pieces of romance I'm so fond of. And don't remind me (ooopss..too late) about the Knight and lady thingy. I might not be able to form any coherent thoughts anymore. I'm a sucker for those. Oh, and when the monarchs struck up a deal w/ Meghan and company and that their supposed-to-be-bright-because-it's-centuries-old brain finally clicked in that they need her, I almost shouted "I FREAKING TOLD YOU SO!"--almost-- because, really guys, what are my chances to live when Oberon, Titania and Mab gang up on me? I need to be discreet *thunder claps* Uh..oh...

As the story progresses closer to its conclusion, I shed some tears. No wait. I'll be going all out in the open. I bawled like a baby. I mean, come on, Julie Kagawa, how could you be so evil?! After bawling, I...

and got revived when I noticed there were a few pages left. HOPE!!! In the form honey,sweetie pie, dahling Ash's POV. Hell broke lose.

Can you even imagine my agony while waiting? Maybe you could. 

*sighs* All in all, the Iron Queen is Meghan's climactic and kick-ass (if the sword training and war did not give it away) adventure as it continues the legacy of "No, shit." and "Oh my gosh!" reaction the Iron Fey series had given me. Thrilling and packed with incomparable exploits, the Iron Queen is a (not so) satisfying completion to Meghan Chase' story. It will leave you breathless in the end. Literally. Figuratively.

P.S. Grimalkin topped my list of the most smartest animal in the world. He was supposed to get an award but oh well...

P.S.S If only Ash could be my knight *sighs dreamily* 

 “Hey, princess.“Hey,” I whispered, as Ash slipped his arms around my waist from behind, drawing me close. I could feel his glare aimed at Puck over my head, a silent, protective gesture that spoke louder than any words. Mine. Back off. 

3 comments:

Lalaine said... Best Blogger Tips

hahahha classic! loved your review it makes me wanna read this series again, I can still remember how this book made me cry. :(

Great review bunso that freaking gifs fucking classic! lol'

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷFICBOOKREVIEWSƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

Ash said... Best Blogger Tips

"Ash slipped his arms around my waist from behind, drawing me close. I could feel his glare aimed at Puck over my head, a silent, protective gesture that spoke louder than any words. Mine. Back off."

Gahh, that is my favorite line in the entire book. I have a strange, abnormal weak spot for protective and possessive heros. But, you know, not too possessive. A girl's got to have some independence!

Awesome review! If I hadn't already read the book . . . this would've definitely convinced me! :)

Cathy Brockman said... Best Blogger Tips

oH my I loved your review!!the videos are so cute!

Post a Comment

Hi there, my pretty damsel. I love to read your comments. Feel free to write one and I'm sure a knight is on his way to you *winks*


up