Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

WARNING. Hardcore fangirling and a flurry of gifs ahead. Keep distance from the screen.

In the beginning, there was…

                              

                                                    


                    And yeah, that’s me in all my different swooning glory. Adorable, no?


Obsidian (Lux, #1)
Starting over sucks.When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.And then he opened his mouth.Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. The hot alien living next door marks me.You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. If I don't kill him first, that is.
Goodreads
Series: Lux #1
Expected publication: May 15th 2012 by Entangled Teen (first published November 29th 2011)

DAEMON BLACK IS THE LIFE OF A BOOK!
-Confessions of a shameless fangirl (aka Johanna)

Stunningly engrossing, intensely provocative and raving hot, Obsidian is a book where boredom is a forbidden thing. The sizzling romance is what fuels the urge to swoon, swoon and yeah, swoon some more.  It is every fangirl’s dream book. Because seriously, guys, it is nonstop scorching hot and dayum-ness sci-fi with the sexiest alien I’ve ever meet in my whole freaking existence. It definitely blew me away to the farthest planet where Daemon lived *smirks*

Katy is a book blogger  (Huzzaaahhhh!!) who is apparently vying for a top position in my “MOST ENVIABLE HEROINE OF THE CENTURY” list. I mean, c'mon, why is she--
*someone throws Daemon Black in*
KYAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
*melts into fangirl puddle*
*revives*

So he’s Daemon, alien HOTNESS PERSONIFIED. There was once a time while I was reading (or ravishing, either way works fine), I asked him through my screen, “Daemon, why are you such an asshole?” But damn Greek gods in Olympus! He’s the hottest asshole and jerk in the whole freaking Earth. Pardon my unsophistication, it’s healthy for a damsel to act like this sometimes. I’m really not into aliens but hell, this book gives me the tingles.

The plot is surprisingly interesting and it would draw you in as quick as lightning. Witty and sarcastic dialogues from Katy and Daemon plus the thrilling build up is what makes Obsidian a champion. By the way, it’s in Katy’s POV and we are literally seeing things in her eyes. Like THE Daemon. First look at him and bam! Hell, man you are definitely joining my harem this very minute!

Romance is a big factor in Obsidian what with Katy’s oh-so-sweet resistance to Daemon’s expert seduction (is it even legal to use this? XD). Absolutely to die for. Like you wanna experience the real deal yourself. Jennifer Armentrout has gained herself another stalker in disguise of a damsel *points at self* She writes scenes that make me feel like I am Katy. Heh! And of course, Daemon’s invincible love to Dee added about a million points from me. It is also advisable that while you are reading this book, you may fan yourself or hug a pillow at the same time. I did. I was giggling and LOL-ing every minute Kat and Daemon talk. The two main characters’ love-hate relationship never gets old. Reminds me of my own…*audience groans* Yeah, yeah, whatever. The concept of the Luxen (light) and Arum (darkness) has given a tasteful twist in this riveting book.

Obsidian is the physical evidence that triggers decadent thoughts and actions (squealing, drooling, screaming etc…) It will leave you yearning for more Katy and more (mooorre) Daemon. And warning, BE PREPARED TO BE DAEMON’S FANGIRL FOREVER!!!

P.S. Sorry for the abused words. : P
“Why are you such an ass?” The words came out before I could think twice.
“Everyone has to excel at something, right?”
Moving over her, against her, I loved the sound she made—a soft, wholly feminine murmur that scorched every piece of me. “You’re perfect for me,” I whispered in my own language. -Daemon

*Me after their kiss.

6 comments:

Lalaine said... Best Blogger Tips

hahaha that explosion lol! I kinda was like that too. Oh man you never cease to amaze me. Great review Johanna. You are the reason why I read this book. and I could still remeber your tweet "asshole" and I was like what was that all about, then I replied on that tweet and then you said because of Daemon and to be honest i loved it rough and hot. lol mwah you are awesome!
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷFICBOOKREVIEWSƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips

@Lalaine Thank you, Ate! *curtsies*

Ash said... Best Blogger Tips

*Screams and dancing around* I love love love love love this book <3 Oh Daemon . .

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own blog and was wondering what all is needed to get setup? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny? I’m not very internet smart so I’m not 100% sure. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

^^ CAN I HAVE A KNIGHT? PLEASE? hehe!
Great review! YOU HAD ME SWOONING AND I HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK!!!!
HAHAHA

Eesti said... Best Blogger Tips

Amazing! Wow! I'm dying for the next book! I devoured this book, and it was as yummy as it was intense! I haven't found a series stalk-worthy since Twilight and Vampire Academy, but this is it! I loved Daemon and Kat's tug-a-war relationship. The conversations were witty and intense. I laughed out loud most of the book and was tensely griping my Kindle the rest of the time. I am green with envy at Armentrout's amazing writing skills. I loved how Armentrout blended the plot and the characters. And what amazing characters they are!

Post a Comment

Hi there, my pretty damsel. I love to read your comments. Feel free to write one and I'm sure a knight is on his way to you *winks*


up